- Nuytsia 23:107 (2013)
- Conservation Code
- Not threatened
- Naturalised Status
- Native to Western Australia
- Name Status
- IBRA Regions
- Geraldton Sandplains, Jarrah Forest, Swan Coastal Plain, Warren.
- IBRA Subregions
- Lesueur Sandplain, Perth, Southern Jarrah Forest, Warren.
- IMCRA Regions
- Central West Coast, Leeuwin-Naturaliste, WA South Coast.
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Albany, Augusta Margaret River, Bridgetown-Greenbushes, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Cockburn, Coorow, Cottesloe, Dandaragan, Denmark, Gingin, Mandurah, Manjimup, Nannup, Perth, Rockingham, Wanneroo.
Nuytsia Journal Articles
Two Western Australian species of Ozothamnus transferred to Pithocarpa (Asteraceae: Gnaphalieae)
BARRETT, R.L., SCHMIDT-LEBUHN, A.N. AND THIELE, K.R., Nuytsia 23: 103–108 (2013)
Two Western Australian species currently referred to the genus Ozothamnus R.Br. have in the past been considered poorly aligned with that genus, but their alternative placement has been uncertain. Recent molecular studies have suggested that they are best placed in the Western Australian endemic genus Pithocarpa Lindl. The following new combinations are made: Pithocarpa cordata (DC.) Schmidt-Leb. & R.L.Barrett and Pithocarpa ramosa (DC.) Schmidt-Leb. & R.L.Barrett. Four species are now recognised in Pithocarpa and all are listed here. A key to the expanded genus is provided. Scanning electron micrographs are provided for a range of features for all taxa.